background

Friday, March 8, 2013

Better Than {Anything} Brownies - {Better Than Crack Brownies}

First off, I just wanna say I didn't name the brownies, I just made them. That's why we are calling them Better Than Anything Brownies (more family friendly).

I wanted to create and awesome dessert for my niece who was celebrating her birthday near by (she lives in Oregon, me in California), so this was a treat for me to met her and her sister at the hotel for her birthday celebration. I only had a few hours to throw something together, and I was working, but that didn't stop me. I set out to find something with two of her favorite things chocolate and peanuts (and peanut anything). She has a son who is highly highly allergic to peanuts, so we she leaves town, YAHOOO for anything with peanuts.


I scoured my Pinterest boards and found many Better Than Crack Brownie recipes and well, I just devised this recipe myself from a combination of several recipes. I ran home on my lunch hour, threw the brownies together, while baking (jumped in the shower got ready), finished them up so they could set in the refrigerator for 2 hours, ran back to work for a couple of hours and then back home to pick up my twins, the brownies and still meet them at the hotel by 4pm. Yep, it can be done!


A perfect dessert for the birthday girl. And yes she is my NIECE.. we are only about 5 years apart. That's what happens when you marry someone 10 years older then you, and he is the second to the youngest baby in the family and has brothers and sisters older then my parents. AH, FAMILY! I LOVE IT!





Better Than Anything Brownies (Better Than Crack Brownies}
original recipe author unknown

1 pkg chocolate chunk brownie mix (but make in a 9x13 pan instead of traditional 8x8)
1/2 cup peanuts (salted or unsalted but add a little sea salt)
1 cup chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (chopped)
2 cups miniature marshmallows or Marshmallow BITS work better
1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
1-1/2 cup peanut butter (chunky)
2 to 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal

Mix brownies according to directions (it's better if you have brownies with chocolate chunks or add a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, why not). Bake for 20-25 minutes (a little less time then the box says because it's thinner) in a 9x13 pan (instead of the 8x8), brownies will be alot thinner, but that's what you want. Remove from oven and top with peanuts, chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and marshmallows, return to oven and bake for about 4-6 more minutes.

In a medium (microwave save) bowl, combine chocolate chips and the peanut butter. Microwave for 1 minute or until creamy. Add the Rice Krispies cereal and stir until completely coated. Pour the cereal mixture over the brownies and spread evenly. Refrigerate for about 2 hours before cutting into squares. (I like to lined the pan before baking with parchment paper, this allows for easy cutting. Just pull the whole batch out of the pan and use a super sharp knife to cut even squares.) ENJOY!

1 comment :

  1. These look amazing. How lucky you are to have family! It really is everything (along with good brownies of course).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...