background

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Marshmallows




 
The Valentine's Day strawberry marshmallows that are out in stores are so cute, I just can't help myself every time I pass by them in the grocery store I want to pick up a bag. I've already made a few fun things, check out these SUPER DUPER CUTE Chocolate Chip Cookies with Heart Marshmallows and last year these Heart Brownie Bites.

I had planned out an entire PINK Baby Shower using lots of pink, lots of hearts and lots of awesome ideas with these heart marshmallows, including the cutest dessert bar ever.

But, today I wanted to share this cute gift idea for a great Valentine's Day treat. These are a simple treat all you need to do is just dip the marshmallows in some of your favorite melting chocolate, decorate and bam a super cute Valentine's gift. Have your kids give them away to special friends or teachers or make them for your co-workers, either way they are sure to make someone smile.

TIP #1: When buying lots of holiday M&M's I've got lots of tips and tricks for saving them up and separating the colors. Whenever there are holiday M&M's out in the stores, I gather up my coupons (usually stocking up the day after for the half price sale) and using coupons and getting them at half price they are a steal. I bring them all home and separate the colors into baggies (this is WAY cheaper then buying M&M's buy the color at a store or online). I then store them in their separate baggies in my baking cupboard until an event takes place. I've used the red for a sports party, the pink for a PINK Baby Shower and the list goes on and on. I love having all the colors of the rainbow at my finger tips and whenever my hubby and I go to the movies our favorite thing is M&M's and popcorn. I can just grab a colored baggie and throw them in my purse (totally beats paying $4 bucks at the theatre for a small box).

TIP #2: Melting Chocolate. When you are finished using melting chocolate and you have some left overs, it's very easy to just re-harden in small disks and re-use later. I take all the left over melting chocolate and drop in small spoonfuls on wax paper. Let re-harden over night and then store in a baggie until you need to remelt and reuse for another project.





Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Marshmallow
original idea spotted on Pinterest from Monster Mama

Strawberry Marshmallows
Melting Chocolate
White Melting Chocolate
Valentine's Day M&M's

Melt your milk chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Using a toothpick dip each heart marshmallow in the chocolate until it's completely covered. Lay out on wax paper and immediately set a Valentine's colored M&M on the center. Let dry. Melt a few melting chips of white chocolate into a small ziploc baggie, in the microwave. Once melted cut off a small corner and then decorate. I slid the marshmallows onto a skewer before placing into a long baggie, but this is not necessary. Tie with a cute bow and deliver.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...