background

Monday, December 3, 2012

Soft Gingersnap Cookie with White Chocolate Chips {12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS GOODIES}

12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS GOODIES
Soft Gingersnap Cookie with White Chocolate Chips

This is my third year of hosting the 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS GOODIES and I am so happy to continue this tradition, my blog has been put on the back burner a little bit, but no worries I will be BACK. I have been SUPER DUPER busy with Operation Christmas Child. I have volunteered for this organization every year in some way since my kids were in preschool (and now they are in college) and I've always wanted to work for them and it happened. This year I applied and was hired for a 3-week long assignment to process shoe boxes. It's busy, but I do LOVE it. I work 8am - 2:30pm (at my day job) and then 3pm - 10:30pm (at Operation Christmas Child), I've got 8 days left, I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT.

I am a baking fool when it comes to Christmas time, thank goodness I have some recipes stored up for you guys that I made last year and never got around to posting. And once December 12th arrives, I will be back in my kitchen baking up a storm. I love to get in the kitchen and bake up everyone we know a little bit of Christmas magic from our kitchen. This year I know will be no different, with our ole' time favorites from last year and our new additions this year I am sure anyone who receives a treat basket from our family will be happy indeed.

Today I am sharing an easy cookie recipe to kick off the 12 Days of Chirstmas Cheer.....


Soft Gingersnap Cookie with White Chocolate Chips
recipe found at A Bitchin' Kitchen

1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar, plus extra for coating cookie dough balls
1/2 cup molasses
2 tbsp canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1-1/4 tsp cinnamon
1-1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground ginger
2 large eggs
3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cups white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or spray with pam) and set aside.

Using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until creamy. Add in the molasses, canola oil, vanilla extract, baking soda, salt, and spices, and beat until well combined. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. With the mixer on low, gradually add in the flour. Do not overmix. Stir in the white chocolate chips.

Using a cookie scoop, form the dough into balls and coat in the extra granulated sugar. Place on the prepared cookie sheet, two inches apart. Bake for 7-9 minutes. Remove from the oven, and allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Repeat with remaining dough. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...