background

Sunday, January 15, 2012

FAMILY MEAL PLANNING & MORE (1-15-2012)

Click here to see previous week's Family Meal Planning! 

I am back! Organizing, Meal Planning and $150 cash grocery budget per week for my family of five. I started this goal last year in January 2011 and it lasted all the way thru May 2011, then I just got lazy. Oh, I still cooked, I still planned (but didn't post meal plans) and we ate whatever, no set meals for the week. And honestly I MISS it, I miss it alot. I miss coming home and already knowing exactly what I am suppose to cook. I miss sitting around on Sunday afternoons going through my pile of recipes and picking out what we want for the week. I miss coupon clipping and trying my hand on Extreme Couponing (in my own little sort of way... in no way do I match those people on the show). But I do try my hand in couponing and LOVE my own personal results. I usually save about 50% and I am happy with that.

FAMILY MEAL PLANNING
Carrot Zucchini Bars
Sweet Potato Muffins
Chicken Noodle Soup
Salad with Comeback Sauce
Fresh Turkey
Lasagna
Grilled Turkey Burger & Veggie Pack
Skinny Zucchini Pasta
Chia Peanut Butter Balls

Check back and we will link the actual recipe!
(not all recipes will become reality so if there is not a link, we haven't made it yet)

I am also renewing my Dave Ramsey plan/skills. This is still first and foremost on our mind! I am re-taking the classes just as a refresher and I gave my sister and her husband the Dave Ramsey FPU kit for Christmas, so I will be going to classes with them. The classes start today and I am SUPER-DUPER excited to once again re-new my goals, thoughts, ideas and to help keep me on track. Last year was our first year of Dave Ramsey and our six-year pay off debt plan began. One year down and five more to go! (Yes, it's gonna take six-years! I know a lot longer then the average Dave Ramsey student. But I believe we can do it and we are going for it! We wanted to pay off everything instead of selling everything). I am so proud of how far we have came and it's exciting to look at where we are headed with our debt snowball. Our 2012 Budget is already complete and I know we will do just as well in our second year. For all you Dave Ramsey fans I am happy to report we had an amazing first-year on his plan and paid off...  are you ready.... ??? and WHOPPING $35,000 dollars in ONE-YEAR! YES, isn't that amazing! We are still shocked and excited, plus a little over whelmed that this Dave Ramsey system really works (and my husband still has his doubts). My whole goal is to prove him wrong and prove that we CAN DO THIS!!!

What else are we up too... well! I am excited to report that I am following two. Yes, two organizing plans for my home. I found both of these on Pinterest (which if you read my blog regularly know that this is my newest hobby). I am so thrilled to be following both of these things to get my life, my junk cleaned out and my house in tip-top organized shape. The first one is 52 weeks to an Organized House. I love this once a week email with a certain section of the house to tackle. And the second challenge is 40 bags in 40 days found at Little Lucy Lu. This challenge is even more doable. It's so easy to just tackle one thing each day. My friends and I are following along with each other on facebook and it's been great so far. I came up with my own little 40 bags in 40 days list and would love for any of you to come along with us! Just print this out, post it on your refrigerator and clean along with us! I would love to hear your results... just comment here and let me know you are following along.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...