background

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Gingersnap Cookies from GUEST BLOGGER: Will Cook for Smiles

You are in for a treat today, I have never shared Gingersnap Cookies before, because I too have never made them, I am so glad we are getting this recipe today from Guest Blogger Lyuba. I just love that she takes her baby sister each year and shares this special tradition, that is so sweet!


TAKE IT AWAY:  Every year after Thanksgiving, I take my baby sister home with me for a weekend. On Friday after Thanksgiving, we have a little holiday at my house, we decorate the apartment for Christmas, put up the Christmas tree, watch Christmas movies and bake all kind of yummy things. Her birthday usually falls on Thanksgiving or right after too, so its a double celebration.

This year, I put some extra thought into what I will be baking because I was planning on writing a guest post for this great blog, MOMS CRAZY COOKING. I have never made or even tried Gingersnap cookies before, so I thought it would be perfect! Even more special, my baby sister was helping me bake for the first time!


Gingersnap Cookies
inspired by the recipe found on Joy of Baking
3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2/3 cup dark brown sugar
1/3 cup white granulated sugar
1/4 cup unsulphured molasses
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon all spice

about 1/2 cup sugar for rolling the cookies

Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the molasses, eggs, and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. Beat well. Cover and chill the dough for about 20 min
Place the 1/2 cup of sugar in a plate. Scoop about 2 tbs sized balls of dough and roll in sugar. Flatten a little bit and place on the cookie sheet. Bake for about 12 - 15 minutes or until the cookies feel dry and firm on top.



Enjoy!!! With Love, Lyuba from Will Cook For Smiles

Thank You, Thank You for sharing this cookie with us today!

3 comments :

  1. Great guest post choice, Lyuba's entire blog is lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Great post, I had a great time making these cooking for the guest post for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I have to have some of those!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...