background

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Stuffed Apple a'la Mode (GLUTEN FREE) from GUEST BLOGGER: As Good As Gluten

I am so glad that this blogger decided to be a guest for us. I really need Gluten Free recipes for one of my twins, yep all the symtoms are back again. I just feel so bad for her. Gluten-Free cooking here we come, again! I will for sure be checking out this Gluten-Free Blog: As Good As Gluten. I totally understand what she means by always wanting to make new things, that is totally ME!  

Blog: As Good As Gluten

TAKE IT AWAY: 
Hello, everyone at MOMS CRAZY COOKING. My name is Lauren and my blog is As Good As Gluten, where my mission is finding and creating simple, gluten free recipes that really do taste As Good As Gluten. I’ve been blogging for just over a year now, which was around the time when I started following a gluten-free diet. Following the gluten-free diet has been a blessing in disguise, as it has rekindled my passion for cooking and baking. Before I started following the gluten-free diet, my husband and I had a regular rotation of meals we would make. Over the past year, it has actually become the “special occasion” when we make a recipe for a second or third time. Despite how much we love almost all of the recipes that I blog, I’m creative and there are just so many more recipes that I’m anxious to create or put my own spin on.

Before I began following the gluten-free diet in September of 2010, a few of my immediate family members were diagnosed celiac or gluten intolerant and had been following the diet for a year or so. Despite knowing in the back of my mind for a good year that I needed to be gluten-free, I finally had a moment of clarity last year. I started connecting the dots that the health symptoms that plagued me for years were identical to the symptoms that my family members had before going gluten-free. I finally decided to fully commit to trying the gluten-free diet to see if made a serious difference in my health.

Within days of following the gluten-free diet, the health symptoms I had experienced for many, many years were gone. I realized that the problems that plagued me were not a way of life and they could easily be avoided. I felt SO much better; I felt incredible! Not only did I feel better within days of starting the diet, but I felt significantly better each month and every month since! I’m thankful for my gluten intolerance, as I’ve had one amazing gluten-free year! I’m looking forward to always living a gluten-free life and seeing where it takes me!

Today it takes me to sharing a quick and delicious fall recipe for you – Stuffed Apple á la Mode. This recipe is adapted from a fall issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray. It takes minutes to prepare this aromatic, mouth watering dessert. Stuffed Apple á la Mode packs all of the delicious flavors of apple pie into a stuffed apple. My husband and I shared one, which I would not recommend because it is simply too scrumptious to share! Our spoons were fighting for the last few bites in the bowl. If you’re not gluten-free, you can use regular oats and all-purpose flour in substitution for the gluten-free ingredients in the recipe below. Enjoy!


Stuffed Apple a'la Mode
adapted from a fall issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray

1 Honeycrisp apple, peeled
1 TBS butter
1 TBS quick-cooking gluten-free rolled oats
1 TBS brown sugar
1 tsp brown rice flour
Dash of salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup apple cider
All natural vanilla ice cream

Using a melon baller, hollow out the center of the top half of the apple, removing the seeds as well.  In a small bowl, mix ingredients from butter to cinnamon. Stuff mixture into the center of the apple. Place in a microwaveable bowl with the apple cider on the bottom. Microwave on high until softened and bubbling, about 5 minutes. Serve with ice cream.


Thank You so much for sharing your Gluten Free recipe, I can't wait to try this
dessert for my daughter. THANKS A MILLION for sharing with us!

2 comments :

  1. Hi Lauran :) This sounds so yummy. I too have been ignoring the symptoms of being gluten intolerant. (I was tested for celiac and it was negative) It's really hard to find good, gluten free recipes, plus the special products you need to buy can be pretty expensive. This recipe looks very frugal though and I cant wait to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe! I'm off to check out your blog. I am TRYING to commit to a gluten free life but have found it hard to FULLY commit! Great recipes like this keep me motivated, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...