background

Friday, November 11, 2011

Pumpkin Cake Bars from GUEST BLOGGER: Mother Thyme

These look delicious and they have pumpkin in them, what could be better? We can thank our next guest blogger for this marvelous creation, when I saw these pictures I immediately wanted one. Like RIGHT NOW please. I just finished a scrumptious dinner Pioneer Woman's Chicken Pot Pie and I know for-sure this dessert would pair up very nicely with that or any other comfort meal you may be thinking about making. Please help me in welcoming Jennifer of Mother Thyme.  


TAKE IT AWAY:  Hi, I'm Jennifer from Mother Thyme and I am thrilled to be guest posting today. When Tina emailed asking for guests I jumped right on it. I am such a fan of her site and her recipes.

I wanted to feature a recipe that would be perfect for Thanksgiving, I think of enjoying time with family, indulging on fantastic food and pumpkin pie! I love pumpkin pie and since I don't eat it except for this time of year it is such a treat to look forward to. 

When entertaining family and friends for Thanksgiving and the holidays I always like to offer a variety of food and desserts for everyone. I have found that not everyone likes pie so I wanted to create a delicious pumpkin dessert and what better then Pumpkin Cake Bars. These delicious bars are so easy to prepare and great to cup up in to squares to serve on your dessert buffet. Even though it has pumpkin in thie recipe the flavor and the consistency almost reminds me of pecan pie. This is the perfect dessert your guests will definitely gobble (no pun intended) up!

I hope you enjoy this delicious dessert and thank you for giving me the opportunity to guest post today. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!



Pumpkin Cake Bars
Recipe by: Mother Thyme

1 - 18.25oz box yellow cake mix
1 egg
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter. melted
2 cups pumpkin puree
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
5 oz evaporated milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, softened
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9”x13” baking pan.
Reserve 1 cup of the cake mix and set aside. In a medium bowl combine remaining cake mix, egg and butter and blend. Spread evenly on the bottom of the baking pan and pat down.

In a medium bowl combine pumpkin, brown sugar, ¼ cup sugar, cinnamon and evaporated milk and stir well. Pour on top of first layer in baking pan.

Mix together the remaining cake mix and ½ cup sugar. Cut in butter until consistency is crumbly. Sprinkle on top of pumpkin and topped with pecans.

 
Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. After cooled store in refrigerator. Cut in to bars or serve as a cake. 


Mother Thyme
I just love love pumpkin and I have lots of fresh pumpkin stored in my freezer!
This would be a perfect recipe to use it in! Thank You Again Mother Thyme!!!

6 comments :

  1. Thank you Tina! It was such a pleasure guest posting on your wonderful site today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great dessert to bring to someone's house during the holiday. Great to meet you Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great guest post Jennifer! This looks so delicious and the perfect treat to take to my next get together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You brought along a winner to this guest post! Creamy cakey and nutty texture does get my vote and who wouldn't like pumpkin brown sugar and pecans all together. Love the crunchy topping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha 'gobble' them up.
    If it has the consistency of pecan pie and tastes like pumpkin pie I think you're on to a winner.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...