background

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Homemade Basic Crepes

Breakfast for Dinner! Why Not? We have no dinner rules in my house. Good or Bad, it's just the way it is! We don't eat dinner at the kitchen table, EVER! I know, I know. But, let's just keep it real. My husband works nights and I can not even tell you the last time he ate a meal with us. He does however eat all the left-overs. I will say my kids and I do EAT together every single night, it's just not at the kitchen table, in the living room is the norm.

My twins dance almost every night, so our dinner time is about 3 to 4pm, with kids running in every direction. And if we don't get dinner by 4pm, then we have to wait til 9pm until everyone is home, which is WAY to late, especially because my ideal bed time is 8pm. I know I am spoiled, but I love my sleep. So, breakfast for dinner is FUN and my kids love it! Here comes this first-ever attempt at Crepes. And WOW, there were everything we have dreamed of.


I know people think crepes are too fancy to make at home. I am here to tell you, they are SO NOT! They are just as simple as pancakes. If you haven't tried them, then give it a whirl, it's so easy!

We made several different kinds, and we used our Fresh Raspberry Sauce again.
Here you can get the recipe for Fresh Raspberry Sauce.

WOW, Peanut Butter, Honey & Banana.

Basic Crepes
from Taste of Home Test Kitchen

1-1/2 cups milk
4 eggs
1 cup flour
1-1/2 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp salt
8 tsp butter

In a small bowl, whisk milk and eggs. Combine the flour, sugar and salt; add milk mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

Melt 1 tsp butter in 8" non-stick skillet over medium heat; pour 2 tbsp batter into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter to skillet as needed.

Add desired toppings, the possibilities are endless. Today we spread a thin layer of Peanut Butter, sprinkle of Honey and a whole banana cut into slices. The second one we tried was spread with a thin layer of Nutella and then folded and topped with a few spoonfuls of Fresh Raspberry Sauce.


2 comments :

  1. I made crepes for the first time about 1 or 2 months ago, and they are so easy! They are one of those things that sound stuffy and hard to make, but really aren't. Next, I have to experiment with fillings.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...