background

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Homemade Lasagna

Lasagna, one of those ALL time comfort meals. I know it's a family favorite around our house and I am sure many of your homes too. My little guy who eats NOTHING, loves Lasagna. He won't eat any ole' Lasagna, it has to be homemade and it has to be this recipe (believe me I've tried to change it up a bit and he can totally tell). This recipe is a repeat, but I just wanted to show all of you how easy it is to make Homemade Lasagna, the last post was for Crockpot Lasagna, and this post is how to make it in a pan, the deepest, tallest pan you can find. The bigger the better!


And when we make Lasagna, we really make Lasagna. I never ever make one pan. Lasagna is a perfect freezer meal (freeze before it's cooked). It's not unusual for me to make at least 4 or 5 pans at a time. This Lasagna meal is perfect for parties, get-together, baby showers and much more. I can't even tell you how many times I've served this at an event, too many to count. And like I said having a few in the freezer is a life-saver at times. This past weekend when I was away on my moms weekend. I took a small 8x8 pan of frozen Lasagna out of the freezer and my husband and my little guy ate it all weekend long. All my hubby had to do on Friday night is throw it into the oven for 1 hour and then bam a homecooked meal (and I wasn't even there)! Perfect! Then on Saturday when my hubby was at work, twins were watchin' the little guy, he just heats him self up a piece for breakfast, lunch or dinner (or whenever he feels like it). Then mommy doesn't worry while she is away.... Now let's get to makin' the Homemade Lasagna.



Homemade Lasagna
from Mom

2 Boxes of Lasagna Noodles
G'ma's Homemade Spaghetti Sauce (see below or your favorite sauce homemade or from a jar)
Lots & Lots of Cheese (yellow & white)
Parmesan Cheese

Noodles need to be cooked first (yes, I've tried without cooking them and it never turns out the same). Then just layer... NOODLES - SAUCE - CHEESE (sprinkle a little Italian Seasoning & Sprinkle a little Parmesan inbetween layers), then repeat NOODLES - SAUCE - CHEESE. Continue to repeat in the biggest, tallest, deepest dish you can find, the more layers the better. For the cheese use as little or as much as you want for each layer.  

Preheat over to 350 and cover with foil. Cook at 350 for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on oven. (Last 15 minutes take the foil off)

G'ma's Simple Spaghetti Sauce
from my MOM (G'ma)

4 cans of Tomato Sauce
1 can Tomato Paste
1-2 lbs of Hamburger Meat
1-2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
1-2 tsp Onion Salt, Onion Powder and/or Garlic Salt

Cook hamburger meat on stove-top with a little bit of the seasoning until done. Add in the 4 cans of tomato sauce and 1 can of tomato paste with add'l amounts of seasoning (she just throws some in, never measures and it is never the same) simmer/cook until steamin' hot!

6 comments :

  1. This is exactly how I make my lasagna and my family loves it. I've wanted to try crockpot lasagna, so I'm off to check your recipe for that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good. Lasagne is one of my favorite dishes and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't use Ricotta or Cottage Cheese in it,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe! We do not do ricotta or cottage cheese either. My hubs will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omega kopia är känt för sina exceptionella prestationer och har deltagit i speciella evenemang, som att vara den officiella kronometern för Swatch Group Olympia.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...