background

Monday, January 3, 2011

THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS #10 and Shaved Asparagus Pizza

THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS Blog Party #10
GET HEALTHY Recipes

It's that time of year! Time to check yourself and see if you are HAPPY with those few extra pounds you put on last year or are you ready to get a fresh start and finally get them off! I can tell you I am SO ready to shed these extra pounds. I am not starting off this year on a GO-GET'EM-ATTITUDE. I have an entire house to clean (top to bottom, from my 19 family members staying over for a week, and YES we had a blast); I STILL have not taken down Christmas (I think this is the longest in history for my house); and I am SO SICK (I don't even want to get out of bed) and lastly I am over my head at work from taking the last 2 weeks off for my family cruise (which was alot of fun too!) and the 2nd week was full of Disneyland, Universal Studios and Family Galore! I just need ONE more week and then I will start the new year! (By next weekend I hope to be in a much better place)!!!

Here is a FAVORITE recipe of my twin daughters. They LOVE LOVE to make this pizza anytime day or night! If we have the stuff handy, then for sure this recipe is on the top of the list. It's quick, easy and very healthy!


Shaved Asparagus Pizza
Favorite Pizza Dough
1/2 pound Asparagus
1-2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 pound Mozzarella Cheese, shredded or sliced
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
Black Pepper
1 Scallion, thinly sliced

Preheat your oven to 500, and use a pizza stone if you have one. Prepare asparagus, use a vegetable peeler creating long shavings of asparagus. Toss peelings with olive oil, salt and pepper.  Roll or stretch dough or used premade. Sprinkle dough with both cheeses; pile on the asparagus and scallion Bake for approx 10 minutes.

This post also linked to: Friday Favorites , Wandering Wednesday Blog Hop and Hearth and Soul Hop
******************************************************
This is a BLOG HOP PARTY so please hop around
and read some HEALTHY recipe ideas!

Here is a complete list of the past weeks and a list of what's coming up on This Week's Cravings!

Everyone is invited, if you don’t have a blog, then please post your recipe HERE in the comments for others to see.

This week's theme
GET HEALTHY Recipes

This is your chance to share what you are planning on doing to get HEALTHY in 2011 and what FAVORITE HEALTHY recipes you are going to make? 

The SIMPLE Rules: (Click for complete list of guidelines for This Week's Cravings)

1. Please stick to the THEME and only link up recipes that go with our theme for the week. 

2. Add our button and/or a DIRECT link back to this post, inside of your post (not just on a wall of linky parties, this is rude and doesn't allow YOUR readers to come back to the linky party and see all the fun recipes! Which this is the intent of a linky party in the first place).

3. Also we'd love for you to hop around and visit the other link-ups! After all it's a BLOG PARTY and it's not fun for everyone linking up if you don't hop around and say Hello!!!


PLEASE follow the simple rules, so everyone can enjoy the linky party! If you forget to link back or add a button IN YOUR post you will receive a gentle reminder to add it, before we delete your post! THANKS A MILLION!

This Week's Cravings Past & Future Recipe Links

December 27 - Favorite New Years Recipes

January 3 - GET HEALTHY Recipes

January 10 - Pizza - Pizza - Pizza

January 17 - Pies (Dinner or Dessert)

January 24 - Soup
This is a BLOG HOP PARTY so please hop around
and read some HEALTHY recipe ideas!

6 comments :

  1. I was overwhelmed just reading your intro! Hope things get a little less crazy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, healthy recipes??? I don't have any of those =o( (Sadly I'm not kidding.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of healthy recipes. I am working on having more and more in our home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tina,
    Your Pizza looks so delicious. I would like to invite you to bring a dish to my Full Plate Thursday. Thank you for sharing and you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm...I can see how this would be a favorite. I love asparagus and this is so versatile, as well. Thanks for sharing it w/ the hearth and soul hop this week :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better soon! I love asparagus and this pizza looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...