background

Saturday, December 18, 2010

FAMILY MEAL PLANNING: The Week of Christmas Menu

Click here to see previous week's Family Meal Planning!

Just sharing my family meal plan for a whole lot of family! We are hosting just a few of my husband's family for over a week at Christmas. There will be lots and lots of fun & laughter. I have a niece, her husband and they have 4 young boys (all under 8 years old); another niece, her husband and their 2 year old boy, my sister-in-law and my mother-in-law and another family friend and her son; plus I have my own 6 family members. Yes, you counted correctly that is a total of 18 people all coming to my house and all staying at my house for over 9 days.

There will be LOTS and LOTS of food prepared (and eaten). Family game nights, karaoke galore and a big dance contest in Just Dance 2, my twins and my 2 adult nieces have challenged each other. We are also going to be visiting Disneyland for 3 days, Universal Studios and maybe the bigger kids will head to Magic Mountain. It is going to be a blast and a fun filled week! I can't wait til they all arrive.

So, here is my attempt at a menu. Who knows if it will all come through. I am pretty easy going when it comes to food, who prepares it and if people want to eat they can and if not then no big deal. Our plan is to make breakfast every morning, pack some lunches for the long days and a few of the days do some crock-pot meals (that way we will have dinner waiting for us as we arrive home)! I guess that is the ideal plan, in the end we'll see how perfectly this all works out, I do know that in the end the memories will last a life-time.

Check back at the end of the week and we will link the actual recipe!
(not all recipes will become reality so if there is not a link, we haven't made it yet)

Pigs in a Blanket
Crock-Pot Breakfast
Almond Danish Swirls



Also don't forget to link up with us at


And we would love for you to share any of your holiday goodies at

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...