background

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Breakfast Potatoes

Holiday Tips to Get it Done from Better Homes and Gardens: Do whatever you can in advance. For example, set the Thanksgiving or Christmas table a few days before; that way you won't have to think about tending to a wrinkled table cloth or spotty glasses the day of the holiday dinner. (I am totally gonna try this, this year. I have never set the table this early. But what an awesome idea)

Nothing like some warm, crunchy breakfast potatoes. We made these while we were camping and right now (as I start my diet, boy would these taste good). But I have the great memory and that is all I need for now! I know these will be a permanent recipe for many many more mornings to come. I found this great recipe over at Lick the Bowl Good. This is one of my very first blogs I started reading, this one and one other, Your Homebased Mom. Without me stumbling across these two blogs, my blog would maybe never of came to be. So, I thank these two ladies for there AWESOME blogs and the many recipes my family has enjoyed because of them!



Breakfast Potatoes

4 medium sized Russet potatoes
4-6 tbsp Vegetable or Olive Oil
Seasoned Salt (see recipe below)

Preheat non stick skillet on stove top over medium high heat. Put enough oil to coat the pan (about 1-2 tbsp). Meanwhile peel the potato and wipe it off with a clean paper towel. DO NOT rinse the potato because it absorbs water and takes longer for the potatoes to crisp up. Cut the potatoes into a 1/4 inch diced pieces.

Put the potatoes in the pan and coat them evenly with the oil so they don't stick to the pan. Leave them alone for the first couple minutes until the cubes turn a golden brown. Don't toss them too much or the potatoes will cook through without browning and will become soggy. Toss the potatoes around a few times until they're evenly browned on all sides.  

When they're completely cooked through and crispy around the edges, sprinkle a little seasoned salt over the potatoes until they're seasoned to your liking. Mix well and eatthem while they're still hot.

Season Salt
1/4 cup salt 
2 tbsp black pepper
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
 
Store in an airtight container.



2 more days to link up!
We would love have you link up
Thanksgiving Dinner & Side Dishes at:

This posted is also linked to: Show & Tell Saturday and Lucky Linky Tuesday

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...